CEDAR GROVE, WI (WHBL) - The Cedar Grove-Belgium Elementary/Middle School had to be evacuated for over an hour Monday due to a carbon monoxide problem.
Superintendent Steve Shaw said a custodian was alerted to an alarm around 10:45 a.m. due to a furnace malfunction that heats the pool portion of the building. Students and staff were evacuated to the high school as the Cedar Grove Fire Department was called to investigate and air out the building.
Shaw thanks the work done by the fire department, including going to every room to ensure there were no high levels of carbon moxocide remaining in the building.
Students started returning to the building around 12:15 p.m.