TOWN OF PLYMOUTH, WI (WHBL) - A home accident in the Town of Plymouth involving sulfuric acid caused two people to suffer burns Monday.
Lt. Mark Rupnik of the Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Department said they received word of the incident around 4:30 p.m. at a residence on Moonlight Road east of Glenbeulah. The two people, 30-year-old Nicole Pennell of Plymouth and 56-year-old Robert Pennell, were trying to dispose a home cleaning product that had concentrated sulfuric acid down a drain when it sprayed back into their faces.
Nicole was taken by Flight for Life to the Milwaukee Burn Center for treatment of third degree burns. Robert was taken to St. Nicholas Hospital in Sheboygan for treatment. The Sheriff's Department did not have an update on the victim's conditions nor are they conducting a further investigation into the incident.