SHEBOYGAN, WI (WHBL) - A child playing with a cigarette lighter caused a fire and an estimated $4,000 damage to an apartment in the city of Sheboygan Thursday afternoon. Firefighters were dispatched to the upper apartment at 1627 Alabama Avenue around two o’clock. Shift Commander Keith Risse said they found flames in a bedroom and quickly put them out. Risse said the child playing with the lighter had ignited bedroom curtains and the fire spread to a window frame and wall. He said all occupants were out safely when firefighters arrived. Risse said smoke detectors in the apartment were not working.
Sheboygan's Morning News 5:00 AM - 9:00 AM
On Air Now.