BELOIT, WI (WTAQ) - A man injured in a house explosion in Beloit died Thursday.
The Rock County coroner said 37-year-old Todd Purdy died from second and third degree burns and smoke inhalation.
Purdy and his 33-year-old wife Tara were both hospitalized in Madison, after the home they rented blew up last Sunday night. Tara Purdy was in fair condition at last word.
Authorities said the couple was installing a new gas stove, and they did not realize that a natural gas line in the basement was uncapped.
The basement became filled with gas, and investigators said something ignited it.