CEDAR GROVE, Wis. (WHBL) - About a dozen homes and several businesses in the village of Cedar Grove were evacuated for about two hours Wednesday morning due to an underground gas leak. The Cedar Grove Fire Department was called to the scene in the 400 block of South Main Street shortly after 8:30. Lt. Mark Rupnik, of the Sheriff’s Department, said residents were allowed back in by 11 o’clock. Traffic on Main Street was also re-routed for a time.
Meanwhile, in the Village of Oostburg, workmen struck a gas service, causing a leak about 9:30am. Firefighters responded and remained on the scene for about a half hour until a utility crew repaired the leak.