MADISON, WI (WTAQ) - Dane County authorities now say that a two-year-old girl has died, after she and her four-year-old brother drank gasoline.
Sheriff’s deputies said the youngsters entered a neighbor’s car, and drank from a gas can in the back. The children were found during a brief search.
The girl was rushed to a hospital in Sun Prairie where she died. The boy was flown to UW Hospital in Madison, and there was no word on his condition.
The incident happened Sunday evening in the Dane County town of Medina. Deputies said the children and their mother are from Portage – and they were visiting a friend’s house at the time.