SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (WHBL) - A child playing with matches caused about a thousand dollars in damage to a north side Sheboygan home over the weekend. The Fire Department reports it happened about 3 o’clock on Saturday afternoon. The owner of a home in the 900 block of Clara Avenue happened to be driving past when she saw flames coming from a window well and children fleeing from the area. Shift Commander Terry Soerens said a child had dropped a lighted match into the window well, which was filled with leaves, causing the fire to spread to the vinyl siding and furnace vent pipes. A neighbor also saw what was happening and extinguished the fire with a couple of buckets of water. When firefighters arrived on the scene, they did remove some of the siding to ensure the fire hadn’t spread up the wall.
Rush Limbaugh Show 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Email: Rush@eibnet.com Call: 1.800.282.2882