On Air Now

Upcoming Shows

Program Schedule »

Listen

Listen Live Now » 1330 AM Sheboygan, WI

Weather

Current Conditions(Sheboygan,WI 53081)

More Weather »
57° Feels Like: 57°
Wind: S 5 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0”
Current Radar for Zip

Tonight

Mostly Clear 51°

Tomorrow

Partly Cloudy/Wind 67°

Fri Night

Thunderstorms 61°

Alerts

Breaking News

Travis Tramte has been found guilty of reckless homicide in the heroin overdose death of Kathryn Jakimczyk of July of 2013.

SHEBOYGAN, WI (WHBL) - Travis Tramte was found guilty Thursday of reckless homicide in the heroin overdose death of Kathryn Jakimczyk.  It took a jury over two hours to make their decision Thursday afternoon after hearing two days of testimony in Sheboygan County Court. Prosecutors said Tramte supplied Jakimczyk with the heroin that she injected at her North 9th Street apartment back in July of 2013 that led to her death.  Tramte’s lawyer tried to prove that there was other e...

Read More »

Milwaukee Church Ordered To Close Unlicensed Homeless Shelter

by

MILWAUKEE, Wis. (WTAQ) - A Milwaukee church has been ordered to close a homeless shelter it’s been running for years without a city license. Officials learned about the shelter after the Fire Department was called to the Word Is God Worship Center for a medical emergency on Tuesday night – and they found excessive levels of carbon monoxide. About 60 people were evacuated. They were homeless people sleeping there overnight. Pastor Lamar Beverly-Davis says he provides the shelter each winter out of compassion for the cold and needy – and he doesn’t ask for money or permission.

Todd Weiler of Milwaukee’s Neighborhood Services Department said a person was living in the basement, in violation of the church’s occupancy permit. And the pastor was told to evict that person within 24 hours and not run a shelter until he gets a license. Alderman Bob Bauman said he didn’t know the church had a shelter. He doesn’t mind it – but he says it must be regulated for health and safety concerns, and the neighborhood has a right to comment on the land use. As for the carbon monoxide, authorities said the church might have caused it. Repairs were made to the furnace Wednesday, and then the building’s natural gas service was reconnected.

Comments