On Air Now

Upcoming Shows

Program Schedule »

Listen

Listen Live Now » 1330 AM Sheboygan, WI

Weather

Current Conditions(Sheboygan,WI 53081)

More Weather »
46° Feels Like: 43°
Wind: E 6 mph Past 24 hrs - Precip: 0”
Current Radar for Zip

Today

Cloudy 44°

Tonight

Showers Late 37°

Tomorrow

Rain 47°

Alerts

$20M+ Cleanup Of Milwaukee River To Begin

by

MILWAUKEE (WRN) - The federal and state governments say they’ll start removing 4 million pounds of contaminated sediment from the Milwaukee River and a connecting creek. The cleanup is expected to cost just over $20 million, and it’s scheduled to begin next year. And the state DNR says it will pay 35 percent of the tab, while the federal EPA picks up the other 65 percent. Results of a feasibility study turned up cancer-causing PCB’s in the river and Lincoln Creek on Milwaukee’s northwest side. And the highest amounts were found in the western channel of the river.

Comments