by Susan L Fenrich, BC-HIS, Owner of Welsch Hearing Aid Company, Inc.
Believe it or not summer is finally here and the warm weather activities we all enjoy are beginning again. However, have you found yourself not enjoying many of those activities like you used to because your hearing is not as sharp as it should be? The following questions will help you make a quick assessment:
1. Do people seem to mumble or speak too soft?
2. Do you miss what the kids (or grandkids) are telling you about school?
3. Do you frequently ask people to repeat themselves?
4. Is it difficult for you follow conversations in group situations like baseball games or in restaurants or maybe out on the patio for a barbeque with friends?
5. Do others complain that you turn the TV or radio up too loud?
6. Do you have difficulty hearing the doorbell or the telephone ring?
7. Do you find it difficult to hear water boiling?
8. Is it difficult for you to hear on the telephone?
9. Do you have difficulty telling where a sound is coming from?
10. Has someone close mentioned that you have a hearing problem?
11. Are you missing parts of the sermon on Sundays?
12. Do you have difficulty hearing the performers, actors, or speakers at different events?
13. Do you hear but not understand?
If you answered "yes" to any or all of these question, you may have a hearing loss and should have your hearing tested by a State Licensed Hearing Professional. Hearing tests take about an hour and once it is complete you will know if you have a hearing loss that can be helped by using hearing aids or if your hearing loss requires medical intervention. Anytime you experience a sudden hearing loss you should have your ears checked right away. Because hearing loss can indicate a medical condition, it should never go ignored. .
Welsch Hearing Aid Company offers this service at no cost or obligation to you. Call 452-0213 or 1-800-924-2101, or visit our website at sheboyganhearing.com to schedule your FREE hearing test today! We look forward to serving you at 1226 N. 8th Street, Suite 103, Sheboygan, our main entrance is on the west parking lot.